Vendor Presentations – in progress
As the region’s largest independent non-profit provider of end of life care, Four Seasons provides the highest quality of care to patients and families. Founded in 1979, Four Seasons, a nationally respected, award-winning Palliative and Hospice Care non-profit organization, remains deeply committed to serving the community through fulfilling its mission of “Co-Creating the Care Experience.” To date, Four Seasons has served more than 10,000 patients in Western North Carolina.
Facilitated by grief counselors, participative support groups offer a confidential and comfortable environment in which participants may share their grief experiences with others.
Pet First Aid – The Basics
Cappy Tosetti of Happy with Cappy
Overview of the basics of pet first aid. Presentation and handouts. more to follow
Blessing of the Animals-
WagHab – Canine Rehabilitation
Presentation Topic: Improving Mobility in the Aging Dog: Techniques and ideas on keeping older dogs mobile and active
Megan Day will discuss specific exercises and stretches that can be performed to help our pets as they age; appropriate types and amounts of exercise for the aging dog; mobility aids and products that can help the dog and the offerings we have at Waghab that can help our pets as they age.
Megan Day founded WagHab in 2011 after completing the certification program in canine rehabilitation at University of Tennessee at Knoxville. Megan performs comprehensive evaluations and treatments geared toward your pet’s specific injury, surgery recovery, or for general strengthening and conditioning. They are provided on an individual basis.
WagHab offers a full complement or canine rehabilitation services, including: Comprehensive Evaluations; Hydrotherapy – Underwater Treadmill; Laser Therapy; Therapeutic Ultrasound and Electrical Stimulation; Skilled Manual Therapy, Including Joint and Spine Mobilizations And Massage; Individualized Therapeutic Exercise Prescriptions; Brace and Cart/Wheelchair Fitting and Ordering; Wellness and Weight Loss Program
Trupanion is dedicated to providing you with the best pet medical insurance plan possible to help easily and safely protect your pets. This is our promise to you.
• We will provide one simple plan that covers injuries, illnesses, diagnostic testing, surgeries, medications, and lab work. Your plan will be easy for both you and your veterinarian to use.
• We will offer customizable deductibles so you can afford to insure your pet, no matter your budget.
• We will reimburse 90% of covered costs with no hidden fees, no “reasonable costs,” and no payout limits.
• We will strive to pay your veterinarian directly when possible, and we will do everything in our power to pay your claim in a timely fashion.
• We are pet lovers too, and we want to be the best we can be. Let use know what you think! We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.